A seven ingredient (flourless) cookie that’s as easy as it is decadent.
Nothing rivals a cookie in terms of simplicity and shareability. And while I love a classic peanut butter cookie, cashew butter has a mellow, creamy flavor profile that simply sings when paired with dark chocolate. Bite into ecstasy in under 30 minutes when you make my cashew butter chocolate chunk cookies!
- The dough will be slightly wetter than an average cookie dough with flour. It’s ok- use a cookie scoop or tablespoon measure to drop onto parchment paper.
- Feel free to sub in other nut butters!
- DO NOT touch or move these after placing them on cooling rack/ counter. They are fragile until they’ve cooled for at least 7-10 minutes.
Cashew Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted cashew butter
- 1 egg (flax egg for vegan)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- heaping 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- handful chopped cashews (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine first five ingredients with a spatula until well mixed. Fold in chocolate and cashews. Drop dough balls onto baking sheet, making sure to space evenly. Use a spoon to slighty flatten balls and bake for 11-12 mins.
Transfer parchment to cooling rack or counter and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy with milk, coffee, or Côtes du Rhône.