Sweet Corn and Brown Sugar Bundt Cake is moist, delicately flavored, and will pair well with any topping you choose. Familiar brown sugar flavor works beautifully with the mellow sweetness of summer corn. Make this cake and watch it disappear!
I am so proud of this cake! It’s the perfect base cake for any fruit topping, glaze, or ice cream pairing. It’s also perfect on its own or with your cup of morning coffee. Sweet corn and brown sugar come together in perfect harmony. Not too sweet, this bundt cake has a rich, mellow flavor that is heightened by beautifully distinctive summer corn.
Sweet corn brings to mind backyard cookouts- ears slathered in butter, sitting between the watermelon and potato salad. I wanted to encapsulate that classic summer feeling in a dessert that would work for any time of year. Every slice has the familiar flavor of brown sugar with a certain something different. I know this a new classic!
There’s Corn in the Cake
The texture is absolutely my favorite part of the cake. I didn’t want a cormealy mouth feel-just sweet, silky crumb with great flavor. I developed this recipe to be simple and reverent to the gorgeous corn produced by local growers. Hope y’all enjoy it much as I do!
Sweet Corn and Brown Sugar Bundt Cake
- food processor
- bundt pan
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325. Puree sweet corn in blender or food processor and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Add eggs one by one and incorporate. Add sweet corn and vanilla extract-mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add in milk to corn mixture. Combine flour, baking powder and salt then add to wet ingredients. Pour into greased bundt pan and cook at 325 for 45-55 minutes. Knife inserted should come out with minimal crumb.