Decadent dark chocolate drizzled over layers of bright mango curd and shortbread. Delicious straight from the oven or chilled, these chocolate mango bars are an easy, scrumptious way to celebrate the bright, tropical fruit. A sweet, shareable summer dessert!
I am in a serious relationship with these dark chocolate mango bars. They don’t take too much work, are incredibly delicious, and have just enough drama to keep me interested. The warm and vibrant colors invite you in, but the tangy, smooth bite seals the deal. Buttery shortbread acts as the base for a simple mango curd and rich chocolate drizzle. Trust me – they are as good as they look!
Mangoes are an exciting and refreshing addition to any dessert. Their scent, color, sweetness, and bright flavor contrast perfectly with rich dark chocolate. Less than 10 ingredients and you can have your own sumptuous batch of these beauties. The bars are ready in under an hour and are similar to lemon bars in texture, with a thicker shortbread layer and a tropical twist!
If you make my Dark Chocolate Mango Bars or any of the desserts here , please leave a review and rate the recipe. Share on Instagram with #ironsister. Can’t wait to hear from y’all!
Dark Chocolate Mango Bars
- food processor (optional)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp room temp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9×9 pan with parchment.
- Shortbread: Combine flour, sugar, salt and butter in large bowl, stand mixer or food processor. Combine thoroughly. Press dough into parchment- lined 9X9 baking dish then place in fridge to chill.
- Mango Layer: Puree mango in food processor until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk granulated sugar with flour. Then add in eggs , lime juice, mango puree, and vanilla extract. Pour over shortbread layer. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Mango layer should be set/ firm to touch. Let cool.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Microwave chocolate for 2 minutes, stopping every 15-20 seconds to mix with spatula. When chocolate is almost entirely melted, add butter and whisk together. The heat from the chocolate will slowly melt butter and mixture will become glossy. Drizzle to your heart's content!