These delicious pumpkin goji berry blondies get their unique flavor from pumpkin puree, a blend of spices, and the tangy pop of dried goji berries. Try this easy blondie recipe with fall written all over it!
What better time to experiment with new pumpkin recipes? These blondies have a classic soft center with a great spiced pumpkin flavor. The goji berries add a sweet and sour element- similar to a cranberry, and create a one-of-a-kind texture. Get into the season and whip up a batch!
My pumpkin goji berry blondies encapsulate the aromas and taste of autumn. Creamy pumpkin keeps each bite soft, while cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg create a familiar holiday taste. Sweet potatoes run the show down south, but I love the versatility of a can of pumpkin puree.
So, What’s a Goji Berry?
Long considered a “superfood”, goji berries are small, vibrant fruits that pack a nutritional punch. They are loaded with vitamin A, and also contain significant amounts of iron, vitamin C, and antioxidants. You’re most likely to find them dried or powdered. I enjoy snacking on them straight from the bag, but I became curious: how could I incorporate these tart berries into a bake?
Healthy or not, they are delicious. And when the tart, chewy goji berry meets the warm, gooey spiced pumpkin blondie, magic is made. I know you might not have them on hand, so subbing cranberry works well. But please try some – they’re great in smoothies and salads too!
It’s all about pumpkin this time of year, so why not make it a sweet occasion? Incorporate this new recipe into your fall rotation- it’s bound to be a lot of fun! You can always see what I’m cooking up on The Iron Sister’s Instagram page and keep up with the holiday recipes I’m creating. Please rate the below and Happy Baking!
Pumpkin Goji Berry Blondies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice sub: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract thoroughly. Im a separate bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir just until combined ( no flour streaks should be visible). Gently fold in goji berries using a spatula.
- Pour blondie batter into baking dish and bake for 14-17 minutes. The edges will should be firm but springy with a slightly underdone feeling center. Let cool slightly, cut, and enjoy.