Buffalo Meatball Soup takes the bold, fiery flavor of your favorite wings and turns it into an irresistibly cozy bowl. Tender beef meatballs, velvety cream cheese, celery, and plenty of hot sauce make this spicy soup recipe a certified crowd-pleaser.
Why You’ll Love Buffalo Meatball Soup
I’m a soup person. I can eat it with a fried egg and fruit for breakfast or as a midnight snack. But there’s something extra special about a hot, homey bowl of soup for dinner. The warmth cradles my entire body, and my stress seems to melt away for the moment. #soupascension
This hearty, spicy, and creamy Buffalo meatball soup is one of my favorites. It has all of the elements you’d expect from a Buffalo sauce or dip and adds juicy beef meatballs, red onions, and sharp cheddar cheese to the equation for a filling meal. You just can’t beat the luscious flavors found in this recipe. And you can easily make this recipe keto if you’d like — just add pork rinds as a binder rather than breadcrumbs for some serious low-carb goodness!
How to Make Buffalo Meatball Soup
Looking for an easy recipe that will blow you away with bold taste? It’s incredibly simple to pull this dish together in a hurry. Begin by combining all of the meatball ingredients and shaping the mixture into evenly sized balls. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. While the meatballs cook, saute celery and onion for your soup base.
After the veggies have softened, add in cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, beef (or chicken) stock, and of course, a healthy dose of Frank’s Buffalo sauce. Gently simmer (no boiling, scorched milk-based soup is not cool) for 10-12 minutes, occasionally stirring. The hardest part is waiting to drop your meatballs in the soup! They’ll absorb all of that cheesy, tangy liquid and you’ll have a heavenly bowl of soup to enjoy spoonful by spoonful.
Remember to rate and comment below! You can always see what I’m cooking up on Instagram.
Buffalo Meatball Soup
- 1 lb ground beef preferably 85/15
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all meatball ingredients by hand. Using a meat baller or large cookie scoop, roll out 20-24 one-and-a-half inch meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook for 15-18 minutes. The meat's temperature should read 160 degrees F.
- While the meatballs cook, heat a large saucepan. Drizzle in olive oil, and saute onions and celery until soft. Add in garlic at last minute of sauteeing. Add cream cheese, heavy cream, stock, and hot sauce. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until cream cheese is well-blended, and soup is satisfactorily hot.
- Swirl in cheddar and drop in cooked meatballs. Garnish with ranch dressing, cheddar, hot sauce, or green onions if desired.